Friday, May 7, 2010

April, 2010

Testing his future-birthday-present for fit.


Mackas!


Into hiding things in his room (or Jasmine's)



What? He's feeding himself!

Stuff from March and April:
.
"Goosey, Goosey, Gander, where shall I wander?Upstairs and downstairs, in his nightgown, There I met an old man who walked a crooked mile..." Twisted Nursery rhymes
.
Decided to call Jasmine "Jazzy" with no apparent outside influence
.
Learned to climb over the gate Daddy had just built between the yard and the paddock
.
"Do you want to ask me if I want a bath, Daddy?"
.
Being very vernacular; "Good-O!"
.
"The number of the Day! That means it's time to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house!" Strange but useful brain connections
.
"You're doing a really good job with your wool, Mummy. Your wool is pretty. Your wool is nice! That's just amazing and nice..." inching closer to the yarn I was dyeing (when told to stay away) with compliments to distract me
.
Mummy: Bunnings? Why would I want to take you three out of the car and herd you all around Bunnings while you run away, and be naughty, and touch things you shouldn't, and then try and get you all back into the car? That doesn't sound like very much fun for me.
Byron: But it sounds like fun for me!
.
"Look, Jasmine... see the bus?" Pointing out shapes in the clouds.
.
Daddy: Don't get in Grandma C's car in your dirty boots!
Byron: [takes off boots and climbs in]
.
"Well, I think I AM allowed to..." trying his hand at willing things into reality.
.
"I'm not tasty; I'm a yukky boy! And you're not a dinosaur, Daddy!"
.
"One day when I'm a cat and I've got strong eyes, I'll be able to see through the fog."
.
"Jasmine and I are playing "Grandma and Grandpa". You are Uncle Matthew and Zach is Auntie Kelly." [runs off to buy me a motorbike]
.
Mummy: Where's my little sewing box?
Byron: It was on the couch. I think Jasmine took it.
Mummy: Hmmm. I wonder where "she" put it?
Byron: I think she put it in my cupboard...
(Morality aside, the learning to lie phase is pretty funny!)
.
Mummy [growls at Byron]
Byron: I'm going to buy some insects and let them sting you because you're saying bad things!
Mummy: Well, you haven't got any money.
Byron: Well, not yet; when I'm bigger.
.
Also seen making up a story to go with the new book he hadn't heard yet, and telling Jasmine (correctly) which Dr Seuss books (pictured on the back page) that we did and didn't have.



1 comment:

kelgell said...

Hilarious. He's such good source for a laugh. Love the way kids minds work and watching his imagination come alive is fun.