Tuesday, September 21, 2010

June, July, August, 2010


Changing the oil, he says.































Quotes from Winter:
.
(re Zach) He's not making a noise. I hear him not making a noise.
.
Yes, please, but no, thanks.
.
Byron: (waving two balloons) Give me a hip
Jasmine: Hip!
B: Give me a hip, Jas
J: Hip!
B: Hooray
J: Hooray!
.
Gimme six! (Funnier, apparently, than "gimme 5")
.
(eating Coco Pops) Now I've got fireworks in my tummy!
.
I feel hot, and I think it might be because I'm hot.
.
The electricity went to the wire across the road. (His explanation of Toy Death due to battery failure!)
.
Don't chop it! (When I was about to cut him some cake; he wanted the whole thing!)
.
(To Zach): Aren't you a little vegemite boy! (because I sometimes call him a happy little vegemite)
.
(re. Lake Wendouree) Look, Mum, there's water in the pond!
.
(Walking around with hands over face) I've got special glasses on to keep the water out of my eyes.
.
Mum: If you want to get out you could open the door...
B: Hmmm... Great idea, Mummy!
.
(Cooking imaginary food with Jasmine) B: Tea tah! You want to say grace?
J: Of course
B: Hold my hand... (Thanks God for pretend lunch)
.
Mum: You're not supposed to say No when I tell you to do something.
B: No, it's SO dangerous!
.
(frequently, to Jasmine): Jasmine!! Don't tell anyone!
.
(pulling labels of clothes): Look, Mummy; you're getting free cards!
.
Byron: That's enough!!
Jasmine: Do what you're told to do!
.
(To Nathan) Move still!
.
Mummy, leave Zachary alone. I'm reading him a book.
.
I think we should go for a quick drive to Sydney and I will have a little talk to Grandpa and a big play, and then we can drive home again...
.
I crashed into Uncle Matthew's website and broke my truck.
.
(after an explanation of an electrical circuit): That's very silly, Mummy.
.
Why has mayonaisse got vinegar in it? (remembering, apparenly, a week earlier, when I had walked into Jasmine's room saying, "Why does it smell like vinegar in here?" just before finding them spreading mayo all over the room.)
.
B: Sometimes I reach over and take things from the bench.
Mum: and if I see you, you get in trouble.
B: Yeah. If you see me.
.








2 comments:

kelgell said...

Oh my goodness! Funny. ANd so cheeky. Honestly, it's a little scary how sneaky and cheeky they can be at such a young age. He has a clever mind.

Esther said...

He has a very clever mind.

I'm looking forards to seeing all of your little munchkins VERY soon!!